Cubro Bypass Switch provides a fail-safe access port for an in-line active security appliance such as an intrusion prevention system (IPS), next-generation firewall (NGFW), etc.
Cubro Bypass Switches are deployed between network devices and in front of security tools, providing a reliable separation point between the network and security layers. They lead to the comprehensive support of network and security tools without the risk of network interruptions.
Bypass Switches enable multiple security tools to process traffic from a single network link.
Advanced Optical Bypass 40/100 Gbit
Advantages Of Using Cubro External Bypass Switch:
- Keeps network traffic flowing when the in-line appliance fails.
- Allows the in-line appliance to be removed or serviced without impacting network traffic. For example, an IPS can be taken offline for upgrades, maintenance or troubleshooting.
- In-line appliance can be moved from one network segment to another without impacting network traffic.
The Cubro Bypass TAP can work stand-alone but also in combination with a Cubro Packetmaster. Cubro Packetmasters have the ability to work as a bypass device with heartbeat functionality, on any port at any port speed.
The advantage of combining the Bypass TAP and a Packetmaster is to bypass multiple links that are connected to one sensitive device, for example a firewall. This modular concept reduces cost and offers a lot of flexibility.
- Increased reliability on critical network links
- Fail-safe inline protection
- High-speed switching
- LED indicators show power, speed, link, and activity status
- Tested and compatible with most of the monitoring devices
- Management via Web UI
- Bypass, TAP and patch panel modes
The last software upgrade gives every Cubro Packetmaster the ability to work as a bypass switch with heartbeat functionality. The Cubro Bypass solution supports data rates from 1 to 100 Gbit.
- Multilink support
- Multiple heartbeats for multiple service testing options
- Input-output traffic compare option
- Monitoring support
- Switch to spare support
- Packet broker and bypass in one unit support
- Security feature DDoS protection