The First Hybrid Network Packet Broker
The EX5-3 Network Packet Broker offers high port density for copper-based networks, a comprehensive feature set, and the same intuitive management options found on all of Cubro’s Packetmaster line.
Copper-based networks using CAT5e, CAT6/6a, and CAT7 cabling are still extremely common today. While media buzz focuses on 100G and 400G deployments, a great deal of customer sites are focused on visibility requirements for their 10/100/1000 copper links. Featuring 48 copper ports and supporting thousands of filtering rules, the EX5-3 is ideal for deployment in these networks.
- TRAFFIC AGGREGATION + REPLICATION
- L2 - L4 TRAFFIC FILTERING
- L2 - 4 HEADER MODIFICATION
- VLAN ADD/REMOVE/MODIFY
- ADVANCED LOAD BALANCING BASED ON VXLAN VNI AND MPLS LABEL
- DPI APPLICATION STATISTICS PER PORT
- MPLS TAG REMOVAL
- SESSION-AWARE LOAD BALANCING
- GRE TUNNEL ENDPOINT
- SNAPSHOT PACKET CAPTURE PER PORT
- WEBSHARK GUI FOR ANALYZING THE CAPTURED TRAFFIC
What is a hybrid network packet broker?
A hybrid network packet broker combines the features of a common network switch and a network packet broker. As a result, it offers better inline monitoring applications like traffic blocking (a feature similar to that of a Firewall). Since the switch and the network packet broker are in one unit, it saves cost and space. Additionally, there is no need of physical TAP which also reduces the cost.
The EX5-3 also offers 4 x 1/10G SFP+ interfaces. The EX5-3 shines in requirements where copper-based tools need access to fiber-based network infrastructure. Granular filtering options and the ability to support session-aware load balancing keep copper-based tools relevant even in networks where the infrastructure has moved to 10G speeds.
The EX5-3 is an excellent choice in network environments that are still heavily based on CAT5/5e/6/6a/7 cabling or where it is critical to get copper-based monitoring and security tools access to 1G and 10G fiber links.
- 4 X 1/10G SFP+ PORTS
- 48 X 10/100/1000 COPPER PORTS
- 1 X 10/100/1000 MANAGEMENT INTERFACE
- 1 X SERIAL CONSOLE INTERFACE
- DUAL REDUNDANT PSUS (DC OPTIONS AVAILABLE)