The First Hybrid Network Packet Broker
The EX6-3 Network Packet Broker offers high port density for 10/100/1000 copper and fiber links, a comprehensive feature set, and the same intuitive management options found on all of Cubro’s Packetmaster line.
While media buzz focuses on 100G and 400G deployments, a great deal of customer sites simply need visibility and access to their 10/100/1000 links. The EX6-3, with a compelling list of features, is an excellent option for deployment in these environments.
- TRAFFIC AGGREGATION + REPLICATION
- L2 - L4 TRAFFIC FILTERING
- L2 - 4 HEADER MODIFICATION
- VLAN ADD/REMOVE/MODIFY
- ADVANCED LOAD BALANCING BASED ON VXLAN VNI AND MPLS LABEL
- DPI APPLICATION STATISTICS PER PORT
- MPLS TAG REMOVAL
- SESSION-AWARE LOAD BALANCING
- VXLAN / NVGRE / GRE TUNNEL ENDPOINT
- SNAPSHOT PACKET CAPTURE PER PORT
- WEBSHARK GUI FOR ANALYZING THE CAPTURED TRAFFIC
- VXLAN VNI FILTERING
Definition of a hybrid network packet broker
A hybrid network packet broker combines the features of a common network switch and a network packet broker. The combination of the two offers better inline monitoring applications like traffic blocking (a feature similar to that of a Firewall). Another major advantage of a hybrid network packet broker is the cost because the switch and the network packet broker are in one unit and this saves cost and space. Additionally, there is no need for physical TAP which also reduces the cost.
The EX6-3 excels in mixed media environments where copper-based tools need access to fiber-based network infrastructure and vice versa. 48 SFP interfaces offer plenty of connectivity for all of your copper and fiber based tools as well as tapped network links.
The EX6-3 also offers 4 x 10G SFP+ interfaces. Granular filtering options and the ability to support session-aware load balancing keep slower tools relevant even in networks where the infrastructure has moved to 10G speeds.
The EX6-3 is also able to support legacy fiber standards in instances where there is a need to handle traffic such as 100BaseSX or 100Base-FX. The EX6-3 is an excellent option that helps bridge the gap between fiber and copper and between 10/100/1000 links and 10G.
- 4 X 10G SFP+ PORTS
- 48 X 10/100/1000 SFP PORTS
- 1 X 10/100/1000 MANAGEMENT INTERFACE
- 1 X SERIAL CONSOLE INTERFACE
- DUAL REDUNDANT PSUS (DC OPTIONS AVAILABLE)