Drive your revenue with subscriber aware visibility
As a mobile network carrier, how can you drive your revenue growth? The three main challenges faced by a service provider include retention of existing subscribers, offering better products to new subscribers, and conducting centralized monitoring and troubleshooting of the network. Better visibility into user network traffic leads to a higher level of customer satisfaction. In addition to providing good service to all customers, the mobile network carriers also want to specifically focus on their top customers who bring them more revenue.
This provides them a competitive edge in today's environment where subscribers have several options to choose from. Despite the increasing volume, velocity, and variety of traffic, how does your existing monitoring system handle the entirety of the traffic and provide subscriber aware visibility?
The Solution From Cubro
The Cubro Network Probe can aid the service provider by providing these visibility solutions. The probe has the ability to store all protocol messages, the exchange between network elements of a specific network, and provides complete metadata of the user plane traffic.
Separation Of User Plane And Control Plane Plus Forwarding Of Control Plane
- FIRST, WE SEPARATE SIGNALLING TRAFFIC AND USER TRAFFIC.
- THE SIGNALLING TRAFFIC IS FORWARDED TO THE EXISTING MONITORING SYSTEM AND IS PROCESSED THERE.
- THE BANDWIDTH LOAD OF THE SIGNALLING IS GENERALLY LOW AND DOES NOT INCREASE PROPORTIONALLY WITH THE USER-GENERATED TRAFFIC LOAD AS IT INCREASES. THE SIGNALLING TRAFFIC INCREASES WITH THE ADDITION OF MORE USERS, AND IS NOT RELATED TO THE BANDWIDTH.
IMSI Filtering For User Plane
FIRST, WE SEPARATE SIGNALLING TRAFFIC AND USER TRAFFIC.
THERE ARE MANY FILTERING OPTIONS TO REDUCE THE TRAFFIC LOAD. FOR INSTANCE, IMSI, IMEI, APN, NETWORK ELEMENT FILTERING, CELL ID AND MORE.
IT IS POSSIBLE TO FILTER ON ONE MILLION IMSIS PER UNIT. THIS CAN BE USED TO MONITOR ONLY GOLD CUSTOMERS OR TO MONITOR OR CAPTURE SPECIFIC ONES - IMSI FOR SPECIAL PURPOSES LIKE LAWFUL INTERCEPTION (LI) AND DEEP PACKET INSPECTION (DPI)
User Plane XDR Generation
- WE CAN PRODUCE METADATA XDRS FOR "ALL" USER DATA TRAFFIC. THESE XDRS HOLD A MATRIX OF RELEVANT INFORMATION COMING FROM THE NETWORK.
- THESE XDRS CAN BE FILTERED TO REDUCE THE OUTPUT.
- THE INTERVAL OF THE XDRS CAN BE CONFIGURED PER SESSION AND PER TIME TO DELIVER THE NEEDED GRANULARITY OF INFORMATION. THE XDR IS AN OPEN FORMAT THAT IS SUPPORTED BY ANY DATABASE.
Why Use The Cubro Probe?
- RESULTS IN LOWER CAPEX AND OPEX DUE TO FEWER HARDWARE RESOURCES.
- AVAILABILITY OF COMPLETE METADATA OF USER PLANE TRAFFIC.
- ABILITY TO STORE ALL PROTOCOL MESSAGES AND EXCHANGES BETWEEN NETWORK ELEMENTS OF A SPECIFIC NETWORK.
- REDUCES MONITORING COSTS BY OFFLOADING THE EXISTING MONITORING SYSTEM.
The standard network visibility products can store protocol messages without any enrichment in raw format. As a network engineer, if you are interested in analysing troubles and finding the protocol message flow caused by a particular piece of user equipment, the device would not be sufficient. You would get only the protocol messages where the user identification is part of the message; the rest would be hidden. This is a significant concern because the rest of the message is stored but not assigned by the equipment. Using Probes for network monitoring can resolve this challenge. Probes have intelligent algorithms to enrich protocol messages by user equipment identification - IMSI, IMEI, APN, Network Element Filtering, CELL ID and more. All of these can identify a single subscriber and lead to centralized monitoring and troubleshooting of the network.