EOS 30.6.2022 Replaced by EX48200
The EX12 Network Packet Broker is a versatile tool for filtering, replicating, and aggregating traffic to various network monitoring and security tools. Its design is based around creating a product with an excellent price to performance ratio.
With its 12 x 10G SFP+ ports the EX12 can accept up to 6 tapped links and, due to the independent operation of the TX and RX of the transceivers, support up to 12 10G outputs at the same time.
- Traffic aggregation + replication
- L2 - L4 traffic filtering
- L2-L4 header modification
- VLAN add/remove/modify
- Session-aware load balancing
- GRE tunnel endpoint
- Supports IPV4 and IPV6
- Non-blocking backplane
- TX and RX of SFPs operate independently
- Web GUI
- REST API
The EX12 also sports a bank of 8 x 100/1000 fiber SFP ports and another bank of 8 x 10/100/1000 copper ports; one of which is active at a given time. This makes the EX12 uniquely suited to supporting slower tools in 10G networks. If no fiber tools are present then no additional transceivers are required thanks to the built-in copper ports. Session-aware load balancing and comprehensive filtering rules allow older tools to remain viable with 10G network speeds.
- 12 X 1/10G SFP+ ports
- 8 X 10/100/1000 SFP ports*
- 8 X 10/100/1000 management interface
- 1 X 10/100/1000 management interface
- 1 X Serial console interface
- Dual redundant PSUs (DC options available)
* One set of 8 ports (Copper or SFP) are active at a time; user selectable
Learn more about the process of changing the management IP address of the Packetmaster using the Web GUI interface.
Looking for product support?
Get in touch with our technical team now